Family Group Sheet for: John KING (1797-1862) and Nancy McCreary
Husband: John King
- parents: William King and Martha Reeder (see Reeder King)
- born: 15 Jun 1797, PA
- died: about 4 Mar 1862, Clearfield Co., PA
- buried: East Ridge Cemetery, Clearfield Co., PA (another source says Cherry Tree Cem., Indiana Co., PA)
- notes: He is said to be from Lycoming Co. and to have moved to Clearfield Co. in 1826 from Westmoreland Co.
Wife: Nancy McCreary
- parents: Edward McCreary and Nancy ...
- born: said to be 10 Feb 1796 or 1798, Ireland
- died: 29 Mar 1882, Burnside Twp, Clearfield Co., PA
- buried: unk
- notes: Said in one source to have been born abt. 1818, which would have made her 4 yrs old when she began having children--come on people, look at your data! The parents are said to be buried in Cherry Tree Cem. in Indiana Co., PA. Their children are listed as: Ellen, Hannah, Wilson, Marinda, William, Martha, Matilda, Nancy, Mary, Sara, and Lydia McCreary.
- Hannah King (1822-?)
- William King (1827-?)
- Martha or Molly King (1828-?)
- Matilda King (1832-?)
- Nancy King (1834-?)
- Mary King (1835-?)
- Sarah King (1839-?)
- Ellen King (1841-?, does not appear in 1850 census)
- Wilson King (1843-?, does not appear in 1850 census)
- Lydia King (1847-?, birth date does not agree with 1850 census)
note: These dates are suspect. Another source says dau. Ellen was b. 10 Apr 1819, d. 21 May 1887, and was m. to William Scott of Butler Co., PA.
Additional notes: The following census data appear to apply to this family:
1850 Federal Census of PA, Clearfield Co., Burnside Twp.
household 1560, 1560, p. 394
John King, WM 53, farmer, b. PA
Nancy King, WF 52, b. PA
William King, WM 22, farmer, b. PA
Matilda King, WF 18, b. PA
Nancy King, WF 16, b. PA
Mary King, WF 13, b. PA
Sarah King, WF 11, b. PA
Lydia King, WF 8, b. PA
Sources: These data come from a file at RootsWeb WorldConnect (found by searching for Reeder King). It appears to be more or less supported by the census. Much of this info appears to be derived from a Clearfield County history (1911, p. 629). Some information is also derived from that sent by an e-mail correspondent and is of unknown accuracy.
Return to Clearfield County